I am thrilled to announce that I will be a Faculty Associate at the Harvard Berkman Center for Internet and Society for the academic year. I will continue my work with the Youth and Media Team and look forward to working with other faculty, fellows, and associates. I am especially thankful to Urs Gasser and Sandra Cortesi for their support of my work and my association with the Center. For me, the Berkman Center has been my research home for the last few years. It’s a place where new ideas and innovations in research are highly valued and encouraged. The Berkman community is a passionate group of individuals all interested in one common goal– furthering the understanding of cyberspace.
I always feel like I’m on a high bristling with new ideas after every visit to the Center. Indeed, Doc Searles, a Berkman fellow suggested software I’d never heard of to try to help me answer a research question – and in fact, I ended up using that application for my latest round of data collection. Following the same thread, the Youth and Media Team provided invaluable input on the preliminary results of the study using the application Doc suggested. These are two examples of what makes the place great: passionate people with diverse backgrounds collaborating on the common goal of understanding why and how we do what we do online.
I am really looking forward to the new discoveries that this next year will bring. Stay tuned!
- New Paper: Student class standing, Facebook use, and academic performance
- Recruiting Ph.D. students – Come work with me!
- Looking for a middle school to collaborate on research study
- Social Media and Student Identity Development
- Using Social Media in Student Affairs: An Evidence-Based Approach #ACPA14 Slides
Tagsacademic apps badges beginner cell phones college cyberbullying data digital divide digital media education engagement facebook featured game dynamics hackacad higher education identity development infographic interview learning media methods Multitasking outcomes policy presentation privacy publications Research retention slides social media student affairs students survey sxsw teaching technology teens texting twitter university video youth
Follow this blog
Popular Search Terms
Recent Search Terms
- social media and multitasking amongst students
- positive impact of social media on students
- number of college students that use facebook
- yassy pendon faceboook
- twitter excel save
- term papers about the effects of social media on college students
- text about internet for student now a day
- effects of social media to students learning
- too much facebook and not enough books
- blog reyjunco com