Last week I chatted with Stuart Brown from StudentAffairs.com for the student affairs forum podcast. We spoke about: Variation in technology skills even among students who are “digital natives.” Digital inequalities and how these inequalities are reproduced throughout a student’s educational career. How digital inequalities in technology use can put students from minority racial/ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds at […]
I had a great time being interviewed by Ed Cabellon as part of his video interview series. We discussed topics including my latest research on social media and student engagement, using social media in academic and student affairs, meeting students “where they are,” and helping reluctant colleagues engage with social media. Live Video Interview with […]
- New Paper: Student class standing, Facebook use, and academic performance
- Recruiting Ph.D. students – Come work with me!
- Looking for a middle school to collaborate on research study
- Social Media and Student Identity Development
- Using Social Media in Student Affairs: An Evidence-Based Approach #ACPA14 Slides
Tagsacademic apps badges beginner cell phones college cyberbullying data digital divide digital media education engagement facebook featured game dynamics hackacad higher education identity development infographic interview learning media methods Multitasking outcomes policy presentation privacy publications Research retention slides social media student affairs students survey sxsw teaching technology teens texting twitter university video youth
Follow this blog
Popular Search Terms
Recent Search Terms
- import tweets excel
- spend a long time и spend a lot of time
- export twitter data
- learners spent most of their time on social media do you agree?
- Impacts of social media on tertiary students
- positive effect of socialmedia in campus
- twitter and grades
- social media negative effects on education/multitasking
- social media and civil discourse
- why learners spend most of their time on social media?