Here is the replay of my talk at The University of Florida on social media and student engagement. I present new data on the relationship between time spent on Facebook, Facebook activities, and student engagement.
This is a video created by one of my students to summarize the research we conducted on the effects of Twitter on student engagement and grades. The journal article summarizing the study and our findings is available here. Abstract Despite the widespread use of social media by students and its increased use by instructors, very […]
I had a great time being interviewed by Ed Cabellon as part of his video interview series. We discussed topics including my latest research on social media and student engagement, using social media in academic and student affairs, meeting students “where they are,” and helping reluctant colleagues engage with social media. Live Video Interview with […]
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Maria Eulaica Floren Raya on About
- Chris on How to Export Twitter Updates to Excel
- Rey Junco on Student affairs professionals: Looking for social media examples for my book
- Josh Sarver on Student affairs professionals: Looking for social media examples for my book
- Jenna Condie on Student affairs professionals: Looking for social media examples for my book
Tagsacademic advising badges beginner cell phones college cyberbullying data digital divide digital media education engagement facebook featured game dynamics hackacad hashtag higher education infographic interview learning media methods Multitasking outcomes policy presentation privacy publications Research retention slides social media student affairs students survey sxsw teaching technology teens texting twitter university video youth
Follow this blog
Popular Search Terms
Recent Search Terms
- likes facebook photos
- students and multitasking
- how long do people spend texting
- the effect on social media ruining education
- how much time do we spend on technology?
- why use many text message is waste of time
- Is thee a way to export twitter data?
- correlation between GPA and facebook use
- relationship of social networking sites and academic performance